The very kind people over at Jet2 recently sent me a big package full of goodies to relax and make time for myself. It arrived at the perfect time, as I’ve had a lot of health issues recently so I needed to really focus on myself and getting better. Within my package of goodies, there were a variety of items which can be used for relaxation.
Snacks – Inside my relaxation parcel, Jet2 included some vegan snacks, including some amazing Sweet Crunchies biscuits which genuinely taste so good. Also having a nakd bar in my bag can be handy when I have a busy day and don’t have much time to stop and eat.
Self care items – I honestly think sleep masks are a god send. I wear mine every single night. The Tranquillity candle had such a relaxing scent because of the lavender and the burn time lasted ages. I’ve also now used 2 out of 3 of the mask sheets, which are perfect to wear when you are relaxing in a Lush bath.
Relaxing activities – Having a healthy routine, including a balanced diet, exercising, spending time socialising with friends, doing things you enjoy (e.g. adult colouring) and sleeping, are all great examples of self care ideas. Relaxation techniques such as mindfulness, yoga or listening to a relatable podcast are also good when practicing self care.
Relaxation and self care are extremely important, but due to how busy life can be, we sometimes overlook it. Here are some of my top tips for self care:
- Listen to your favourite song or album on repeat
- Make yourself a cup of tea/a hot drink
- Watch your favourite film or TV show
- Have a long soak in the bath or treat yourself to a warm shower
- Light some beautiful smelling candles
- Practice some yoga
- Have a pamper session with face masks (either alone or with some friends)
- Take a nap
- Munch on some yummy snacks
- If you like all things arty, have a go at art therapy/an adult colouring-in book
What do you do to relax and unwind? Do you have any self care techniques you would like to share? Leave them in the comment section below!