Disclaimer: I may have been financially compensated or be gifted products from the companies mentioned in this post, unless otherwise stated. All opinions and thoughts are genuinely my own. If you wish to find out more, please see my DISCLAIMER page for more information.
In 2005, Busted split up as a band. I probably shouldn’t admit to this but, I remember… I was 14 years old, sat crying after seeing the final press conference and watching MTV for hours on repeat, as they were running a Busted marathon called “We’ll miss you Busted” or something along those lines.
It’s been hinted at a lot over the past few days, with rumours flying around about the band reforming. However, today at 10am it became official! James Bourne and Matt Willis have reunited with Charlie Simpson for a Busted comeback tour and album in 2016.
When Mcfly and two members from Busted, James and Matt, joined forces to create McBusted, I was so happy. I thought it couldn’t get any better, but it has! I’ve seen McBusted three times and never thought I’d get to see the original Busted line-up, until now.
“PIGS CAN FLY” – James Bourne
To celebrate Busted reforming, here’s my 5 reasons why 14 year old me AND 24 year old me are so excited to have Busted back!
1. For 10 years now the world had been without Busted. As I confessed earlier, I actually cried watching their press conference and I’ve listened to their albums on repeat over the past 10 years+.
2. Matt and James have both been quoted over recent years saying there’s more chance of pigs flying than Charlie coming back to Busted. Well, it’s happened! They seem to be just as shocked as their fans if I’m honest.
3. I’m still a huge fan of McBusted, I hope they’ll continue as McBusted again in the future. It also means that the devoted McFly fans will have their favourite band back. McFly have had an album of their own ready for ages now, but were unable to release it due to the success of McBusted. McFly fans will hopefully get to hear that album now.
4. Charlie is now back, but he will remain in his other band Fightstar – I am also a Fightstar fan.
5. New music, yay! I can’t wait for the new album. All we know so far is the name, What Doesn’t Kill You.
You can probably tell I’m really happy about today’s announcement! No one really thought it would ever happen until the recent rumours, but it has. I’ll definitely be getting tickets for the Busted 2016 Tour.
Are you a Busted fan? What do you think of the band reforming? Let me know in the comments below.
Disclaimer: I may have been financially compensated or be gifted products from the companies mentioned throughout my blog, unless otherwise stated. Posts on LouiseRoseRailton.com may contain items which have been gifted from a company, are a PR sample or paid for with a gift voucher. LouiseRoseRailton.com also contains sponsored posts, in which I have received paid compensation. All opinions and thoughts are genuinely my own. If you wish to find out more, please see my DISCLAIMER page for more information.
I'm Louise, a 28 year old blogger living in York. I'm a freelance blogger and Teaching Assistant. This is my corner of the internet, in which I cover topics such as mental health, travel, fashion, lifestyle and so much more!
February 2019 – Leeds
March 2019 – Manchester
April 2019 – Harrogate & Hull
May 2019 – Yorkshire Spa Break
June 2019 – Manchester & Disney Land Paris
August 2019 – Leeds & Beverley