I love Christmas, even though it can be quite cold outside here in the UK. Sometimes we need something sweet to warm us up, so I’ve created this festive hot chocolate recipe and decided to share it with you guys. Obviously, you don’t have to strictly follow my recipe, you can use any type of chocolate and toppings you want. Crushing up a Crunchie chocolate bar could work really well as a topping.
Festive Hot Chocolate Recipe:
- Hot chocolate mix (I chose Options – mint flavour)
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate coins
- Sweet Freedom Choc Shot
- Pink sprinkles
- 3 big marshmallows
- A straw
- Milk (I only like dairy free alternatives so had soya)
- Heat your milk or dairy free alternative in the microwave
- Add your hot chocolate mix – I opted for the mint flavoured Options sachet. You can get a variety of flavours, including white chocolate which I think could also work well
- Melt your chocolate coins – I found mine melted in the milk after I’d heated it
- Pour your mini marshmallows on top
- Cover with choc shot sauce and then add the sprinkles on top
- Put three of the big marshmallows on the straw and pop it in your mug with everything else.
You can also add cream on top to create a snowy look, then add the mini marshmallows and sprinkles on top. I personally don’t like cream so I was perfectly happy to have the mini marshmallows as my topping. Making your own festive hot chocolate could be a great purse friendly idea for when you’re having a night in by yourself or with friends.
Enjoy your hot chocolate! I hope you enjoy my festive hot chocolate recipe.
If you could have any toppings on your own homemade hot chocolate, what would you have? Let me know in the comments.